HCI 590 Special Topic: Code-Based Interaction Design
Practice of interaction design using a code-based front-end framework such as Vue and React. Students design and develop interactive user interfaces following the user-centered design process. Code-based approaches are practiced for meeting design standards, ensuring consistency and permitting reuse of partial designs. Alternate frameworks may be explored to identify relative advantages of various approaches.
By the end of the quarter, students will be able to:
- Develop interactive user interfaces using a code-based framework such as Vue and React
- Practice code-based design in the context of a user-centered design process
- Identify reusable design components and catalog them for future use
- Articulate trade-offs between code-based approaches and visual design tools
- Explain how front-end development fits within a full-stack software architecture